Bladder accumulator applications
- Energy storage in order to save pump drive power in intermittent operation systems
- Energy reserve for emergencies, e.g. upon failure of hydraulic pump
- Compensation of leakage losses
- Impact and vibration absorption in case of periodic vibrations.
- Volume compensation in case of pressure and temperature changes
The benefits of using bladder accumulators:
- High discharge speeds
- No pressure differential between fluid side and gas side
- Compact, low-maintenance
- High charging and discharge frequencies
Inspecting and testing your accumulators
Accumulators should be subjected to internal and external inspections and hydrostatic pressure tests. Hytec Fluid Technology (HFT), a Bosch Rexroth South Africa Group Company, has an accumulator certification centre incorporating an accumulator test bench to help clients comply with regulations governing accumulator usage. HFT is authorised to provide certification of manufacture and the verification signature of an Approved Inspection Authority.