How Hytec manages your hydraulic systems’ lifecycles
Hytec South Africa (Hytec) provides assistance and solutions for all hydraulic requirements, from concept through to modernisation, covering the entire lifecycle of any hydraulic system. These services include designing, manufacturing, installing, commissioning, servicing, repairing, reconditioning and modernising mobile and industrial hydraulic systems used in mining, oil & gas, marine, metals, agriculture, construction and general industries.
From the moment a hydraulic system is devised and designed, Hytec (with input from the customer and application specialists) develops a solution for servicing the system requirements. This ensures increased productivity and maximum equipment life from the outset.
We represent agencies for more than 30 of the world’s leading hydraulic, pneumatic and automation brands. As a Bosch Rexroth Company, we are now able to offer the complete product spectrum in South Africa and sub-Saharan Africa. This means that our innovative solutions use only world-renowned, reliable, high quality and cutting-edge technology products.
This vast portfolio is backed with full service and support throughout sub-Saharan Africa. This is only one of the reasons that Hytec has been a preferred supplier in hydraulic and electric drive & control technology for the past 55 years.
Our products and solutions for mobile and industrial hydraulics include:
- Electronics & programming
- Large hydraulic cylinders
- Hydraulic power units
- Directional valves
- Pumps & motors
- Proportional control solutions
- Filtration & oil analysis
- Oil service solutions
In addition to offering world class solutions, Hytec has a Training Drive & Control Academy, conducting training for its personnel and customers when required.
We provide a thorough installation service encompassing all facets required to install your hydraulic system. This service includes:
- Detailed installation estimates with information extracted from project drawings or accurate onsite measuring.
- Engineering expertise to develop system designs with various tubing materials that reduce project costs at point of installation.
- Accurate designs, like tube drawings in 3D, which provide a complete project view including power units and actuators.
- All solutions are fabricated to ISO 9001 quality system requirements, ensuring the highest quality.
- Installations, which include installation of the tubing system, are conducted under close supervision or carried out completely by Hytec personnel.
- Comprehensive flushing options using variable speed control and online oil sampling to ensure optimal cleanliness levels.
- Tooling and expertise to bend seamless tubes up 130 mm diameter with 15 mm wall thickness.
Installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair services.
Our commissioning service caters to both in-workshop and onsite commissioning. Pressure testing and flushing of installed pipe-work up to 4 200 litres per minute is available as a supplementary commissioning service.
Maintenance and field services
All activities that are required to maintain products, equipment and systems so that they achieve their optimum lifespan while maintaining performance over the equipment’s lifetime forms a part of our field services portfolio.
Repair / Remanufacture
Hytec repairs components and equipment to OEM standards using only Bosch Rexroth spare parts. Our service centres are Accredited Authorised Bosch Rexroth Service Centres that adhere to worldwide uniform standards of specification and testing. A company accredited as a ‘Bosch Rexroth-Certified Service Centre of Competence’ has the processes, infrastructure, qualifications and management abilities to perform service work to quality standards as specified by the worldwide Bosch Rexroth Service Centre grades.
Our field services team.
We have developed a containerised hose workshop that provides a comprehensive onsite hose and fittings service on a mine site or anywhere in Africa. Workshops are set up in refurbished, branded shipping containers, enabling Hytec to provide hose and fittings services for any on-site hydraulic requirement. These containers are also used to supply our entire range of hydraulic services to customers, regardless of the location in Africa.
Our technology, products, knowledge and experience with original component supply has made us proficient in this field, putting us at the forefront of machine and equipment modernisation. As your system reaches the end of its lifecycle, Hytec can modernise your equipment for one of two outcomes. It can be upgraded and modernised to increase productivity; or it can be adapted to cope with the complexity of change management required in new process control systems.
Our solutions for modernisation projects include:
- Repairing or remanufacturing systems or equipment to OEM standards.
- Refurbishing systems or equipment with modernisation upgrades.
- Upgrading systems to incorporate electrical control for safety interlocking.
- Upgrading systems, which includes new control technology, to help to increase productivity and reduce mechanical failure.
Hytec has a network of 18 strategically located branches and service centres. This puts us in the perfect position to help you manage your hydraulic systems’ lifecycle, regardless of where in Africa your plant is located.
“Our comprehensive offering of products and services place our customers in a prime position to better manage the lifecycle of their hydraulic systems. This is another example of Bosch Rexroth South Africa putting our customers first, ‘We move, you win’,” says Hytec South Africa Sales Director Freddie Kühn.