Why Use Hydraulic Pressure Transducers?
Hydraulic pressure transducers (or hydraulic pressure transmitters) sample & convert system pressure measurements into analogue electrical signals and relays them to the PLC. In hydraulics, they are used in manufacturing systems, machinery, mobile, laboratory and other industrial applications to improve functionality, reliability & overall performance.
Pressure Transmitter Type Series:
Hydac’s pressure transducers are categorised according to 4 series types:
- HDA 4000: Designed for mobile and stationary hydraulics. ATEX, CSA, IECEx approved version are ideal for explosive environments requiring maximum functional safety in accordance with EN ISO 13849-1. Fully approved for shipbuilding and offshore applications.
- HDA 3000: Exceptionally precise control for steel and rolling mills, laboratory applications and testing facilities
- HDA 7000: Designed for OEM applications in the industrial and mobile sectors, they feature an extremely small, compact design, optional CANopen-capability and front-flush diaphragm
- HDA 8000: Designed for OEM applications in the industrial and mobile sectors, it carries ECE approval for public street traffic and enhanced functional safety in accordance with EN ISO 13849-1 (PL d Cat. 2) or DIN EN 61508 (SIL 2)
Pressure Transmitter Technology:
Hydac’s world renowned and innovative engineering team and state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities mean you’ll find only the best, most cutting-edge technology in the design and production of the company’s range of pressure transmitters.
- Thick-layer DMS on ceramic diaphragm (low-pressure range)
- Thin film DMS on stainless steel diaphragm (low-pressure and high-pressure ranges)
Standard Pressure Ranges:
- Between 0 … 1 and 0 … 600 / 1000 bar relative pressure, depending on the version
- Up to 2.5 bar absolute pressure
- Adjustment also in PSI and MPa
Other pressure ranges or special adjustments also upon request
Frequently Asked Questions
What is meant by Pressure Transducer?
This is a sensor which detects physical pressure in liquids or gases and converts it into an electrical signal.
What is a Pressure Transducer used for?
A pressure transducer or pressure sensor is used to measure pressure, communicating this electronically or visually.
What is the difference between a pressure sensor and a pressure transducer?
A pressure transducer is a type of pressure sensor, as it measures pressure and converts it into an electrical signal.
What is the difference between a pressure transducer and a pressure transmitter?
These are similar in that they both translate pressures into current/voltage. In the case of transmitters, the output current can travel longer distances.
The Bosch Rexroth South Africa Group of Companies brings world-leading hydraulic, pneumatic and automation brands to sub-Saharan Africa!