Carbon Steel Pneumatic Actuator
Carbon Steel Pneumatic Actuators from Omal, available from Tectra Automation, come standard in two versions, the double acting (DA) carbon steel pneumatic actuator and the spring return (SR) pneumatic actuator. Each is ATEX and SIL 3 certified, meaning installation in potential explosive environments is allowed and you are guaranteed the highest level of functional safety.
Torque for both the DA and SR carbon steel pneumatic actuators are from 360 Nm to 960 Nm and each has a 92° rotation angle (-1°, 91°). The spring is provided in 4 different sizes and return torque depends on spring action only, notwithstanding the air supply.
Operating media is compressed filtered air, not necessarily lubricated and air supply is 5.6 bar to a maximum of 8.4 bar. These carbon steel pneumatic actuators operate in temperatures from -20 to 80° C; slots, bushes and pins have steel with hardness higher than 50 HRC, resulting in higher resistance to the forces inside the actuator.
- Less friction between piston and cylinder from energised and self-lubricated strips
- The Scotch yoke with rolling friction transforms rotary motion into linear motion, saving energy
- Cylinder surface roughness only 0.15 micron Ra, reducing energised tie wear
- -30% kg / Nm less weight than rack and pinion, means savings on plant or equipment construction sizing
- Less load on the compressor due to its lower air consumption (-40% air cm³/Nm for Double Acting and -20% air cm³/Nm for Spring Return)