Magnetic Grippers SGM
Schmalz has developed a magnetic gripper for handling of perforated metal sheets, complex laser-cut workpieces and metal sheets with holes and apertures with a large suction diameter ranging between 30 mm to 70 mm even in the event of a power failure!
In order to handle ferromagnetic work pieces, this magnetic gripper has been designed with a robust aluminum housing with permanent magnet and a clip-on friction ring that is easily replaceable. Additionally, the magnet gripper is has a "Bistable Design" in which the magnet settings “grip” and “release” are still maintained even in the event of a power loss.
- Safe gripping by a permanent magnet - no electric power required
- Compact and lightweight - minimal space requirements, low total weight
- Easily replaceable friction ring - high shear forces can be achieved
- Optional side connection for tooling - flexible mounting options
- Option to interlock two magnetic grippers - optimal for oblong work pieces
- Piston control (optional, PNP version with IO-Link) - recognition of piston position via Hall effect