Metallic Contamination Sensor MCS 1000
Hydac’s Metallic Contamination Sensor MCS 1000 monitors metallic particle contamination in lubrication fluid. The particles are detected by inductive measurement in which a coil system is the core element of the sensor. It detects metallic particles (ferromagnetic and non-ferromagnetic) in the >100 μm size range.
The MCS 1000 continuously monitors the condition of the system and provides information on any early-stage damage. The sensor is therefore a reliable tool for condition-based maintenance.
- Early detection of impending damage to gears
- Prevents costly plant downtime
- The perfect complement to optical sensors
- Measurement of metallic particles (ferromagnetic Fe and nonferromagnetic nFe) >100 μm
- Measurement result is not affected by air bubbles or liquid contamination in the fluid
- Condition monitoring systems in wind power plants which have already been certified by GL do not lose their certification if the MCS 1000 is built into the system after certification, as the component itself is certified
View the PDF below for detailed specifications.