SAF Flat Suction Pads
Schmalz has developed the flat suction pads SAF, for the dynamic handling of metal (thin steel and aluminum sheets) sheets without deformation in very short cycle times. Ideal for use in feeder systems for press lines in the automobile industry.
This suction pad is equipped with a special slot on the bottom that prevents oily sheets from slipping, permitting precise positioning in stamping presses. The robust and wear-resistant suction pad is made of NBR with single sealing lip, special slot and inner support for superior strength and is available in two material hardness values: 45 Shore and 60 Shore.
- Suction area (Ø) from 30 mm to 125 mm
- Wide range of diameters for a wide range of work piece sizes and shapes
- Large-area structured inner support resulting in no deep-drawing of the work piece
- Capable of handling high lateral forces, even on oily metal sheets
- Soft and flexible sealing lip for excellent retention, even on slightly curved surfaces
- Various material hardness values for optimum adaptation to varying work pieces
- Nipple vulcanised to the suction pad preventing unnecessary downtimes as the result of lost suction pads