SGF Suction Plates
Schmalz has developed the SGF for the secure handling of flat and smooth work pieces such as glass and plastic sheets where high lateral forces are important such as through high accelerations or vertical handling.
These suction pads are also used in glass manufacturing processes where interleavant powder is used as well as in module manufacturing processes.
- Thin and flat sealing lip (Ø 125 mm and 200 mm)
- Little relative movement during pick-up; this prevents the surface of the work piece from being damaged
- Optimum pick-up characteristics and damping effect when positioning the suction plate
- Low total weight of the suction plate resulting in high accelerations in automated processes
- Large effective suction area resulting in high suction and lateral forces in dynamic processes
- Low internal volume and low suction pad stroke for short evacuation times for fast processes
- Special material EPDM for use use in areas with high UV and ozone levels