Schmalz has developed a range of spring plungers with internal damping springs for the secure handling of work pieces with differing heights (such as curved metal sheets, etc.) and easily damaged work pieces (such as sheets of glass) without additional control functions to prevent damage, since the plunger ensures soft placement.
Each plunger in this range is equipped with an upper damping spring with high spring rate that prevents of excessive stroke lengths, ensures uniform load distribution and absorbs shocks and vibration.
- Handling tasks with very dynamic motion and short cycle times
- Handling tasks in the automobile sector
- Handling of sheets and planks of wood in the furniture, chipboard, door and flooring industries
- Handling tasks in dusty surroundings
- Spring plunger with high quality sliding bearings and excellent guidance
- Soft placement on easily damaged work pieces
- Spring protected against dirt and external mechanical forces
- Suitable for use in very small spaces and with highly dynamic motion
- Available with anti-rotation guard
- Suitable for use with oval suction pads