Transformer Care Unit
The Transformer Care Unit TCU is a service unit designed to extend the operating life of oil-filled transformers and reactors.
The continuous degassing, dewatering and filtration of the insulating oil ensures that the oxygen content, water content and particle contamination in the transformer is kept low, the breakdown voltage of the insulating oil is increased and as a result the service life of the insulation is also increased.
Typically the remaining service life of the transformer can be extended by a factor of three.
- Preserves the insulating property of the transformer oil
- Increased operating reliability
- Fault gas analysis is possible, similar to DGA
- Extends the remaining service life of the transformer by slowing down the process of cellulose ageing
The flow rate is approx. 15 m³ / week, which prevents the formation of damaging turbulence in the transformer. The TCU is used throughout the life of the transformer, while the transformer is connected and in operation. The volume of fault gases removed using the TCU corresponds to the gas formation rate in the transformer, which can be interpreted in accordance with DIN EN 60599* or DGA (Dissolved Gas Analysis). In addition, humidity and total gas content in the insulating oil can be monitored online, and an alarm can be triggered in good time in the event of significant changes.
- Suitable for transformer sizes: 5 to 1100 MVA
- Flow rate (50 Hz): 15 m³ / week for 24 hour operation
- Degassing capacity:
- 155 litres / 24 h for 10% gas content
- 14 litres / 24 h for 2% gas content
- Operating pressure: 0 to 35 bar (35 bar if outlet shut-off)
- Sealing material: NBR (FPM)
- Permitted pressure at suction port: 0.1 to 0.5 bar
- Filtration rating: 3 μm
- Operating viscosity: 5 to 300 mm²/s
- Fluid temperature range: -35 ... +90 °C
- Ambient temperature range: -35 ... +50 °C
- Storage temperature range: -20 ... +40 °C
- Inlet / outlet connection: G 3/4" / G 3/8"
- Mounting position: 1 metre above the floor
- Type of mounting: Mounting via 4 bore holes on the back of the unit
- Ambient temperature: -35 to 50 °C
- Weight (empty): 60 kg
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 395 x 785 x 750 mm