Wafer Grippers SWGM
Schmalz has developed the Wafer Gripper for extremely fast and gentle handling of wafers and solar cells in the production processes. In these processes exact positioning during the visual inspection and position measurement allow for instant breakage detection during the handling process.
Fully or partially automated production of PV cells with maximum process stability, production line uptime, cell efficiency and line output.
- Low overall height and operating weight
- High speed, high accuracy handling for cycle times below 1 second
- Optimum allocation and dimension of the suction points
- Less operating costs
- High suction rate even for partial coverage or leakages
- Reliable gripping and handling, even of deformed, broken or perforated wafers
- Exhaust air channels for controlled air discharge - no contamination of process area
- Quick object release - precise positioning and very short cycle times
- Minimal surface contamination and reduction of blind spots